Road construction Equipment involves the usage of many heavy-duty constructions equipment like motor graders, asphalt mixing plants, road rollers, tractors, crawlers, trucks, etc.
Road construction equipment when regularly checked and maintained will last for a very long time. It is essential that they are maintained well to reduce the cost they will incur when not maintained. Maintenance can reduce the cost of repair, increase resell value and durability of the equipment. Some other advantages of maintenance are, it reduces operational cost and expensive unprepared repairs. Read on to know a few maintenance tips to help enhance the life of your road construction equipment.
1. Schedule maintenance check-ups. The problem with most road construction equipment owners is that they believe that their equipment needs repair only when it shows a problem. Ensuring regular check-ups and inspections can help reduce the cost and increase the longevity of your equipment.
2. Personalize your maintenance. Not every equipment requires the same kind of maintenance. Some equipment may require a change of parts regularly. Especially if they are very close to harsh or corrosive environments. Personalization of maintenance is very subjective. It can depend on the function or the place it is used. Therefore knowing your machinery and its function is very essential for proper maintenance.
3. Be generous and lubricate. Although this tip is regularly mentioned and commonly known, people often neglect it. Regular greasing or oiling can help the smooth functioning of the equipment. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to know how often and how much lubrication will your road construction equipment will take.
4. Most construction equipments involve sophisticated wiring and electrical systems. Protecting them is extremely crucial to improve the life of your equipment. These systems might come in contact with water due to rainwater, snow or even water used to clean the equipment. Sealing them carefully and protecting the electrical system can help increase its permanence.
5. If your road construction equipment is a vehicle, keep checking its wheel for deposits of debris, gravel or mud. Sometimes, these get deposited in areas around the wheel and might enter crucial parts of the vehicle. Check the wheel and axle condition regularly.
6. Roads are not always constructed on surfaces that are plain and easy to reach. Some terrains can be extremely rough and the vehicles and equipment used to construct roads in such areas will require alignment checks. Although machines are made to survive rough terrains, it is wise to check for proper alignment every now.
7. Not only is it good to keep maintaining your equipment regularly, but it is also important that you try and use your equipment wisely. Repair costs and productivity of the product goes low if the machinery or vehicle is not used well.
At Kaushik Engineering Works, we don’t just sell construction equipment, we also preserve our equipment well to ensure quality is maintained. We provide transparent operations and good customer service. Call us at +91-9099941311 or +91-9825164764 to learn more about how to maintain road construction equipment better!