An asphalt pavement contains a mixture of materials, including asphalt cement, sand, filler, and more, to make a smooth and sturdy road infrastructure. However, you need to ensure that you mix all the ingredients in uniform proportions. An asphalt batch mix plant comes with a range of features to produce a hot and homogenous mixture. If you are thinking of buying one for your application, it is best to learn about its working process and components to ensure maximum performance. Let’s understand the process in detail to ensure that you make an informed decision.
Working Process of Asphalt Batching Plant
There are several components of operating an asphalt batch plant. Let’s explore them in-depth to help you achieve the desired results!
- The first step is to use the cold aggregating bin to store and feed the aggregators in different components and sizes. There are also aggregate gates on individual bins that control the flow.
- There is a conveyor belt that transfers the materials into a drying drum. The drying drum comes with a heating unit that removes moisture, ensures the proper removal of oversized materials, and provides an optimal mixing temperature.
- Once the materials in the drying drum are heated, they are transferred to the tower. An elevator carries the materials to the top.
- The tower has three critical units: a vibrating screen, a hot bin, and a feeding bin. The vibrating screen separates and stores the materials in hot compartments for further processing. These materials in these hot compartments are weighed and then released in the mixing unit.
- In the mixing unit, the aggregates mix with bitumen and filler materials. After mixing the materials for a fixed time, the unit transfers the asphalt into batches in the waiting trucks.
- In many batch mix plants, there is also a control panel to help you monitor the machine.
Components of Asphalt Batching Plant
A batch mix plant has five critical components that help in enhancing the efficiency of the machinery. Let’s look at them individually.
Drying Drum: A drying drum is equipped with a burner unit to heat the aggregates for further processing. This heating unit plays a critical role in getting rid of the moisture content and passes them to the screening unit.
Screening Unit: After drying, the aggregates go to the screening unit. It is multi-layered and helps to separate the materials into specific sizes.
The Mixing Unit: The mixing unit is responsible for combining all the materials for a limited time before discharging them into storage silos.
Control Panel: Control panel is a critical component of the asphalt mixing plant. It can help you enhance the plant’s efficiency by displaying essential information. You can also control the parameters to make an informed decision.
Bitumen Storage Tanks: The purpose of these tanks is to store the bitumen in a dry environment. There is also a burner in the storage tanks to heat the bitumen and melt them. These tanks are available according to the customer’s requirements.
We Offer You the Highest Quality Asphalt Batching Plant!
As a leading road construction equipment manufacturer, Kaushik Engineering Works, provides you with the highest quality asphalt batch plant to meet your needs. We have years of experience and expertise to understand your construction needs and provide you with quality solutions for the best experience.